The Enrollment Lottery is now completed.
We are continuing to accept Letters of Intent for all grades,
and children will be added to wait lists, first come, first served.
Please visit the Enrollment Process page for more information.
Athletic Awards Night - tomorrow, Friday, February 24
Athletic Awards Night is tomorrow, Friday, February 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium at school. It's a night to celebrate the season and honor specific players with awards. The dress is formal. Although one of the flyers said concert dress, this does NOT mean they have to wear the black and white attire that they wear to concerts. It means to wear nice clothing (dress, skirt, dress pants and a nice shirt, etc.) All players are expected to attend. If you are unable to attend, please let me know. I can't wait to see you all tomorrow!
End of the Season Party - Monday, February 13
Coach Sharp has graciously opened her house to the team for an end of the year party after our last game on Monday. The game is in Manitou, only a few minutes away from the Sharp's house. We will have pizza, reminisce about the season and the girls will be honored by the coaches. We expect this to be about 1-1.5 hours long and should be done around 7:30.
Parents and siblings are invited. Please bring $5 to cover the cost of pizza for each person eating pizza (again, parents and siblings are welcome to eat as well). Please RSVP to me (Ms. Doffing) and let me know how many people to expect, so we know how much pizza to order. If you have any pizza preferences or dietary restrictions, please include that in the email as well.
The Sharp address is 107 Bever's Place, Manitou Springs. From the Manitou school, go back out to Manitou Ave, head towards Colorado Springs for 1-2 blocks (at the stoplight). Take Crystal Park Road to the right and around the stop sign. Take a left at the 3 way stop onto Crystal Hills Blvd, then take the first right onto Bever's Place. Park at the end of the cul-de-sac. Walk down the long driveway to the green house.
See you then!
Roster for Game - Monday, February 6
We are only having one game tomorrow, Monday, February 6. There is no longer a B game, only an A game. B players are welcome to come but will not be playing. Girls will be released at 2:45. The game starts at 4:00 p.m.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Video of Motion Offense
Here is the motion offense we are now doing. Please watch the video and mentally practice running it.
Team Bonding at USAFA Basketball Game - Saturday, February 11
We are going to celebrate the season and our team by watching the Air Force Women's Basketball Game Saturday 2/11 against Boise State!
Game is at 2pm. Rides from School leave at 1:00pm. If you need a ride (or can help drive), let Heather know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kids needing a ride back to school can call en route with an ETA - anticipate it being around 4pm, but that's an estimate.
Tickets are $1 for students (If you RSVP to Heather by 2/1. Just pay that day.)
Tickets at the door are 5$ adult and 3$ student.
Enter the AFA by the North Gate and go to the Field House (AKA Clune Arena) which is North and below the cadet area.
Bring some extra money for snacks.
Please R.S.V.P. to Ms. Doffing. We hope you all can make it!
Notes for Week (1/30-2/4)
1. For the games on Monday (1/30) and Friday (2/3), the B team should be ready to go at the early release of 2:45. A team players can stay at school but need to be in uniform, ready to go by 4:45 each day. Girls should jog, stretch, and dribble the ball around (if space and time) the 15 minutes before their game at 5:00.
2. Practice is CANCELED on Thursday, February 2.
3. Both A and B teams should be present for BOTH games on Saturday, February 4. Expect to be at CSS 9:00-11:00 a.m.
PRACTICE CANCELLED Thursday, February 2 (3:30-5:00)
This is going to be a crazy week of games and practices, so we have decided to cancel the Thursday practice to give the girls a break between their games the next two days. NO practice on Thursday, February 2.
PRACTICE CANCELLED TOMORROW (Thurs. 1/26)
Hello everyone! Because the girls have worked so hard in their three games this week (winning one!) and frankly because we don't have anyone to run practice (Doffing is sick and Sharp has work), we have decided to cancel practice tomorrow, Thursday, January 26.
In the absence of practice, please practice on your own at home. All the girls should work on dribbling with both hands and their heads up, passing the ball hard against a wall, stretch (especially ankles), and do some conditioning (sprints, high knees, etc.).
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ NOW!
I was just informed that today (Tuesday, January 24) we have only ONE GAME. We will have all players on the bench ready to play from 4:30-5:30. There is no early release but all players need to be at the game by 4:00 and be ready to be picked up at 5:30.
Also, the A team has seemed very tired for their own games, so I would like to try something different for tomorrow's game. We are playing at home (CSCA). The B game is at 4:00 and the A game is at 5:00. I would like the A team to NOT come to the B game but go to tutorial as normal and go home after school. Be at the gym at 4:45 ready to play. If this does not work for your carpool and it makes more sense for your daughter to go to the B game, that is ok.
The following will be playing in the B game on Wednesday (tomorrow): Caroline, Moira, Tatiana, Safiya, Geonna, Celie, Martha, Charlotte, Chloe, Lily, Audrey, Rileigh
Rosters for 1/23-1/25
Important Announcements: PLEASE READ
1. Carpooling: While it has been very kind for Coach Sharp to help organize carpooling for practices and games, she no longer has the time to spend coordinating rides for each game. For the rest of the season, feel free to continue to use the carpool spreadsheet as a reference, but please direct your questions and plans for carpooling directly to the parents who are driving or need rides. There is a link under the "Parents" tab on the school website called "School Directory" which lists all family's contact information.
2. Early Releases: The following lists the dates and times for early releases for the rest of the season: 1/23 (2:45), 1/24 (no early release, be at the game at 4:00), 1/25 (2:45), 1/26 (3:00), 1/30 (3:10), 2/2 (3:00), 2/3 (2:45), 2/6 (2:45), 2/8 (2:45), 2/10 (2:45), 2/13 (2:45)
3. Attendance: I know there has been a lot of illness going around as well as injuries and family events, so please be sure to contact me to let me know if your daughter cannot make it to a game or practice. This is especially important on game days, as we are no longer allowed to have many (if any) players play for both A and B games. If there are several girls gone on one team, we will need to adjust and pull players from the other team. Consequently, it will be best for both teams if all players can attend both the A and B games, so we have the numbers we need.
Thank you so much for all your help and patience this season. The girls have been learning a lot and it has been great seeing them grow. Thank you for signing them up to play this year! If you have any questions or concerns, please always feel free to email me. - Coach Doffing
Early release for week of 1.23.17
Early Releases for next week are:
Monday and Wednesday the girls will be dismissed at 2:45pm.
Their game on Tuesday starts at 4:30pm so feel free to pick up your child in front of the school to avoid the traffic line at the end of the day.
Parents and Fans,
Some of the schools in our league charge a $2 adult admission fee and $1 student fee. I am uncertain as to all of the schools whether they charge or not but below I have included what I know for sure. If we are playing @ a school that charges please expect to pay:
Early release for week of 1.16.17
Wednesday the girls will be dismissed at 2:45pm
Roster for games 11/11 and 11/13
Here are the rosters for both games this week:
- The B team will play at 4:00; the A team will play around 5:00. The games should be done around 6:30 p.m.
- The game is at Ellicot and all players will be released at 2:15, meaning they will miss 25 minutes of 6th hour and all of tutorial. All other games will be closer to the school, so we will not need to leave this early in the future.
- Coach Sharp will be in charge of organizing carpools. Please email her to let her know if you can drive players Wednesday, Friday or both and how many players you can take. If your player needs a ride, email Coach Sharp as well, so we can figure out a plan. Her email is email@example.com.
If you need to contact me and you are unable to reach me through email, feel free to call or text me at 262-744-2450. Please attempt to email me first.
Vanguard Tournament - Saturday, January 7
Goals for the tournament:
1. Play around with different players on the court to see which groups of players work well together.
2. Successfully run the offensive plays we are learning this week.
- We are scheduled to play at least three games. A team plays the first game, B team the second, for the third game there will be a mix of A and B players.
- The first game starts at 8:00 a.m., so players should arrive at 7:30 to make sure they have time to stretch, warm-up, and get organized.
- All players are expected to be present for the entire tournament. The more time spent watching basketball, watching each other, and encouraging each other - the more united our team will be and the smarter we will be become as a team and individual players. If you are not able to attend some or all of the tournament, please email me by Friday at noon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I have not received a schedule for the tournament yet, so I do not know when our second game starts. I will send a message as soon as I have the information.
Location: Vanguard School
1605 S Corona Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Rosters for Vanguard tournament on 1/7
The following are the A and B rosters for the tournament this weekend. Remember that the teams are fluid throughout the season. Players may be moved around for a variety of reasons including displays of effort, skill growth, and absences.
Highly encouaged practice tonight 5:30-7:00
Because we have a tournament on Saturday and so few practices scheduled this year, we are still going to have practice tonight. The practice is now optional but attendance is highly encouraged. Practice has also been extended by a half hour. Practice will now be from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Please be safe but come if you are able.
Welcome to MS girls basketball season 16-17!
I am Coach (Elizabeth) Doffing. I teach 7th and 8th grade girls Lit/Comp at MacLaren and am proud to be the middle school girls' coach this year!
A couple notes:
1. The schedule is attached at the bottom of the page.
2. There will be an A and B team but they are fluid. Players may be moved between teams depending on skill level, schedules, or other factors. I will post the initial A and B teams after practice tomorrow (Friday, December 16). I will post updated teams (as needed) on Sundays. Please check this site regularly.
3. The focus of the year will be to learn the basics of the game, have fun, be competitive with other teams, and prepare for high school basketball.
4. If you are willing to be in charge or initiate conversations about carpool, please let me know.
I am hoping to have a team party some time in January. I will keep you posted. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com. I am looking forward to a great season!